Our Commitment to Privacy
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- The member information collected in the National Grange database will be used only for Grange purposes and supplying information and services to its membership. Any member may opt out of certain communications including: Benefit Information, NG Weekly Newsletter, New Grange, Action Alerts Newsletter, View from the Hill Newsletter, Junior Grange Information, Youth Information, TeamSpeak Meetings, Press Releases, Grange Announcements, State Newsletter via their Community Grange Secretary, their State Grange, or the National Grange. The information collected will not be sold to any individual, organization, or business.
- Website visitors can view the National Grange site without revealing any personal information. However, The National Grange reserves the right to obtain certain personal information if you wish to purchase our products, register for a membership or event, receive The National Grange newsletter, or use certain services of the National Grange.
- Personal information, if obtained, may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. The National Grange will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, to set up your member’s account, and to contact you regarding new products, services, and membership opportunities we think you will find valuable. You may opt-out at any time.
- Personal information may be disclosed when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when the National Grange, in good faith, believes that the law requires it or for the protection of the National Grange’s legal rights.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- The National Grange automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you visited. The National Grange may use this information to customize the content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, The National Grange does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- The National Grange allows hyperlinks to third party company websites on some of our webpages that may access their cookies on your computer. A “cookie” is a unique data set or signature deposited on a user’s computer to allow faster load times and/or track interests of users. These cookies are not connected to any personal information. Third party cookie usage is subject to their respective privacy policies and The National Grange assumes no responsibility or liability for this usage.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The National Grange may share your personal information with state, local and county/district level Granges as it pertains to your membership.
- The National Grange may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of The National Grange to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- The National Grange may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We have your consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of The National Grange;
- We find that your actions on our websites violate the National Grange Website and Electronic Social Media Code of Conduct or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
- By being a Grange member you consent to your information being included in the National Grange database. If you do not consent to the distribution of email notifications sent by the National Grange or any of its affiliates, you may opt-out of these announcements and/or publications by clicking on the unsubscribe link which is included in all email notifications. You may also opt out of these announcements and/or publications via your Community Grange Secretary, your State Grange, or the National Grange.
- As an individual, if you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information on the websites of the National Grange as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information via the websites of The National Grange. If you have provided personal information to The National Grange and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify The National Grange at [email protected].
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, for your privacy and security, The National Grange maintains a current industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions on our websites that require confidential information.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Furthermore the personal information obtained by the websites of the National Grange will be retained only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- The National Grange may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy at any time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of The National Grange websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions
Adopted May 17, 2015